Download the latest copy of PhoneGap and extract its contents
3. Setup New Project
- In cygwin, navigate to where you extracted PhoneGap and go into the Symbian directory
4. Hello World
Open up index.html located in phonegap/symbian/framework/www with your favourite editor. In the
bodytag, remove the line
"Build your phonegap app here! Dude!"and add the line
In cygwin/terminal, type make. This will produce phonegap-symbian.wrt/app.wgz.
5A. Deploy to Simulator
5B. Deploy to Device
- Load the phonegap-symbian.wrt/app.wgz file into the device using bluetooth or email.
You can also checkout more detailed version of this guide here.
- Mobile Development Job Trends – February 2012 (regulargeek.com)
- Nitobi Helps Close the Gap with the PhoneGap Tool (devblog.blackberry.com)
- Nitobi Helps Close the Gap with the PhoneGap Tool (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Nitobi Launches PhoneGap Build in Beta, Makes Compiling Mobile Apps for Multiple Platforms Easy (prweb.com)
- OpenSource Mobile Deployment Envronment – PhoneGap (gisuser.com)
- Symbian, Nitobi join on mobile phone app dev (infoworld.com)
- PhoneGap: Mobile Development Made Easy (pcworld.com)
- Nitobi contributes PhoneGap to the Symbian Foundation (allaboutsymbian.com)
- PhoneGap (slideshare.net)
- Newbie PhoneGap Training Coming to Austin (centernetworks.com)