1. Requirements For Windows Phone
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista with SP2
Necessary for Installing on Device and Submitting to Market Place:
- Become an App Hub member.
Download and install the Windows Phone SDK.
Download the latest copy of PhoneGap and extract its contents. Navigate to the Windows Phone directory and copy the file PhoneGapStarter.zip to your templates folder located at C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Silverlight for Windows Phone
3. Setup New Project
- Open Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone and choose New Project.
- Select PhoneGapStarter.
- Give your project a name, and select OK.
4. Review the project structure
- The ‘www’ folder contains your PhoneGap html/js/css and any other resources included in your app.
- Any content that you add here needs to be a part of the Visual Studio project, and it must be set as content.
5. Build and Deploy to Emulator
- Make sure to have Windows Phone Emulator selected in the top drop-down menu.
- Hit the green play button beside the Windows Phone Emulator drop-down menu to start debugging or press F5.
6. Build your project for the device
In order to test your application on a device, the device must be registered. Click here to read documentation on deploying and testing on your Windows Phone.
- Make sure your phone is connected, and the screen is unlocked
- In Visual Studio, select ‘Windows Phone Device’ from the top drop-down menu.
- Hit the green play button beside the drop-down menu to start debugging or press F5.
You can also checkout the wiki version of this guide here.
- Sony to Launch Windows Phone Devices!? (mobilegamesblog.com)
- Installing PhoneGap & Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone (mobileviews.com)
- Sony Is Open to Windows Phone, Has No Specific Plans Yet (news.softpedia.com)
- Windows Phone ‘Tango’ Earns Its Proper Name from Microsoft (phonescoop.com)
- Microsoft To Fix Windows Phone SDK On Windows 8 (techie-buzz.com)
- Microsoft promises to fix Windows Phone dev on Windows 8′s Consumer Preview (thenextweb.com)
- PhoneGap 1.3 adds full Windows Phone support (h-online.com)
- Instagram for Windows Phone [Concept] (wpsauce.com)
- Sony sizing up Windows Phone launch (techradar.com)
- Video: Windows Phone ‘Tango’ Features Demoed on an Emulator! (mynokiatweet.wordpress.com)