Academic Medical Center MD/PhD Scholarship in the Netherlands

Posted: May 31, 2017 in Europe, Jul-Sept Deadline, Masters, Netherlands, PhD
Tags: , ,

Academic Medical Center (AMC) is delighted to offer MD/PhD Scholarship for the academic year 2017-2018. Applicants from the Netherlands are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.

The Academic Medical Center (AMC) is one of the eight university medical centers in the country and is considered in academic medicine to the international top.  As a university medical center AMC has three main tasks. Most important is the treatment of patients. In addition, many medical researches conducted at the AMC. The third task is to provide education and training.

Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue MD/PhD degree programme.

Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Medicine.

Scholarship Award: Half the funding for a flexible oio is available for an internally funded MD/PhD Scholarships, i.e. €108,023 (80% of total scholarship). The department has to match the remaining 20% (€27,006). For externally funded MD/PhD Scholarships, your supervisor has to provide a similar total sum.

Number of Scholarships: Not Known

Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands

Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:

  • You started your Bachelor degree program in Medicine in the academic year 2014-2015, or
  • You started earlier and are without unnecessary study delay, or
  • You started the AMC pre-master program in Summer 2016, and
  • You have not yet started clinical internship rotations, and will not start a clinical internship rotations before March 1, 2018,or
  • You are a student who has been accepted in the “nominal students program 2016-2017”, and
  • You will obtain a Bachelor’s or Premaster degree in Medicine before January 1, 2018.

Nationality: Applicants from the Netherlands are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.

Scholarships in Netherlands

How to Apply: The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday August 17, 2017 (23.59 hrs).
Proposals should be sent by e-mail to Marlies Stouthard, Also send four hard copies.

To apply for an MD/PhD scholarship, you are required to submit the following documents, and only these, in this order:

  • A letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you fulfill the requirements (TIP: make clear why you want an MD/PhD Scholarship, and why this specific research project);
  • The MD/PhD Scholarship Application Form 2017, including a research proposal and a list of your publications;
  • Your curriculum vitae, including the course transcript of your bachelor degree or equivalent (cijferlijst) issued by the faculty-student administration;
  • Written confirmation from your intended PhD supervisor that he or she is willing to act in that capacity;
  • A letter of recommendation from an AMC PI, referring to your (past or current) research activities.

Application Form

Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 17, 2017.

Scholarship Link

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.